Manfrotto, a leading global innovator and manufacturer of premium photo, video, and lighting support products and accessories, has announced its new 190X tripod. Completing the 190 series that launched in October 2013, the 190X incorporates the premium Italian design and enhanced features found throughout the updated 190 series, at a price point that makes Manfrotto technology accessible to nearly any photographer.
Comprising three sections, the new 190X aluminum tripod includes a ground level adapter that allows the tripod to reach ultra-low positions for capturing ground-level images. Users simply disassemble and remove the center column, connect the adapter to the top casting and adjust the leg angles to the lowest setting possible.
The 190X also features:
- Quick Power Leg Locks (QPL): Manfrotto’s new ergonomic locking system is designed to make it easier than ever to deploy and adjust the legs of the tripod, allowing for complete extension with one-hand in a single movement.
- Redesigned Leg Angle Selectors: Improved with ergonomics in mind, Manfrotto engineers redesigned the new Leg Angle Selectors found on the 190X and across the entire 190 series of tripods, to simplify the adjustment and selection of the appropriate leg angle with one simple thumb motion.
- Easy Link: Built right into the spider, Manfrotto’s Easy Link plug (3/4”) allows users to safely attach any number of accessories, such as lights, monitors, or microphones, directly to the tripod, without having to mount to areas such as the legs which could potentially damage or comprise the integrity of the legs themselves.
- Rotating Leveling Bubble: Thanks to Manfrotto’s new patented Rotating Leveling Bubble, which moves freely around the upper disc, users can rest assured that they’ll be able to easily determine whether or not the tripod is level and precisely position the legs no matter what side of the camera they may be on.
“Updated for today’s shooters, the 190X offers the quality, versatility and design that only Manfrotto can offer, all while staying true to the history and heritage of our core 190 tripod series,” said Jodi Palm, Category Manager of Supports at Manfrotto Distribution, Inc. “With the addition of this versatile tripod, our 190 product range is now complete with a range of options and configurations for all photographers in a variety of stages, from entry level to professional.”
This 190X is available in a stand-alone, 3-section aluminum model as well as in three kits. All are available now at retailers nationwide:
- MT190X3: 190X 3-Section Aluminum Tripod ($200.00)
- MK190X3-BH: 190X 3-Section Aluminum Tripod with 496RC2 Ball Head ($278.00)
- MK190X3-3W: 190X 3-Section Aluminum Tripod with 804RC2 3-Way Head ($278.00)
- MK190X3-2W: 190X 3-Section Aluminum Tripod with MHXPRO-2W Fluid Head ($334.00)
Carlee Pett, email@example.com
Image courtesy Manfrotto