This high-performance, human-powered water bike is beautiful, amazingly compact and anyone can ride it. Trifecta! But don¹t be superficial enough to only pick it solely for its sexy looks; this is a rugged piece of equipment the perfect gift for the cycling enthusiast with the love of water.
The Schiller bike is constructed out of anodized aluminum, stainless steel, a proprietary propulsion and steering system, and rugged, inflatable pontoons that allow for easy transport, assembly and breakdown. Its iconic design features striking curves, bold colors, an anodized aluminum frame and stainless steel precision engineered parts. A proprietary drive train employs Gate carbon drive belts, flexible shafts, and twin oscillating propellers that move left and right, eliminating the need for a rudder.
Dual chamber, rugged, inflatable pontoons ensure maximum rider safety on the water. The X1 bike train is virtually maintenance free and is contained within a watertight compartment that is serviceable by any bike mechanic around the world.
The X1 can achieve speeds of approximately 8 knots per hour (10 miles per hour) depending on rider ability. The bike is ergonomically designed with interchangeable bike components (saddle, handlebars, cranks, and pedals), LED lighting and a variety of system features to ensure maximum safety on the water. Unlike any boat, wave runner, Kayak, or Stand Up Paddleboard, the X1 fits into the trunk of a car or closet.
KEY DESIGN FEATURES
- Iconic design language
- Hard anodized, aircraft-grade aluminum
- Maximum conversion of energy to propulsion
- Pure rotary motion. No right angle gears
- Fast, and can reach speeds of approximately 8 knots per hour, depending on rider ability
- Safe and stable
- Easy assembly and knock down
- Compact footprint fits in in car trunk or home closet
- Intuitive UX
- Rugged, inflatable 2-chamber pontoons
- Modular architecture
- LED lighting
- Variety of color options
- Weight is approximately 60 pounds
- One of the only bikes in the world that can go in reverse
AVAILABILITY AND PRICING
The Schiller X1 is available online directly from Schiller Sports, Inc. at www.schillerbikes.com.
Schiller X1 MSRP: $6,495
Schiller X1 Founder¹s Edition – $ 8,775
- Only 250 X1 Founder¹s Edition bikes will be manufactured.
- Engravable – Each bike is engraved with a serial number, date of manufacture and buyer¹s name.
- Color is a wet dipped mirror chrome frame that reflects the natural environment.
- Technology guarantee: owners receive all future performance enhancing components and accessories free of charge for two years from date of purchase (limitations apply).
Schiller bikes are designed and manufactured in Northern California.
Amy Bonetti, Big Mouth Communications, 415.407-9008, Amy@bigmouthpr.com
Image and video courtesy Schiller