West Marine (Nasdaq:WMAR), the world’s largest waterlife outfitter, yesterday announced the winners of its annual VIV (Very Important Vendor) Awards at the Company’s Watsonville Support Center.
West Marine’s Annual VIV Awards celebrates vendors who continually seek to satisfy their customers’ needs and are innovative in their approach. West Marine considered several factors when choosing these awards, including consistent excellence in product quality, sales growth, and the helpfulness of their sales support staff.
“West Marine is proud to announce that Confluence has been selected as the Vendor of the Year at West Marine’s VIV Awards for 2014,” said Larry Smith, Senior Vice President – Planning and Replenishment for West Marine. “These awards demonstrate the commitment of our vendors to developing high quality products and growing sales through enhanced collaborations, innovation and excellent customer service.”
Winners of West Marine VIV Awards for 2014:
- Vendor of the Year: Confluence
- Best Sales Growth: Jimmy Styks
- Best New Product: 70dv EchoMAP / Garmin
- Best Supply Chain Partner: Garmin
- Best Store Sales Support: Mike Luther / Big Rock Sports
- Best Port Supply Sales Support: Pettit
- Best Marketing and Merchandising Support: Sperry
- Best Vendor Representative: John Seals / Confluence
For more information on West Marine, Inc., its products and store locations, visit westmarine.com or call 1-800-BOATING (1-800-262-8464).
Logo courtesy West Marine