Outdoor Industry Association (OIA) announced their newly elected 2014-2015 Board of Directors today. The board has also selected its officers, naming Jennifer Mull, CEO of Backwoods, Inc., as chair for a second term; Gordon Seabury, CEO of Toad & Co., as 1st vice chair; David Labistour, CEO of Mountain Equipment Co-op, as 2nd vice chair; Travis Campbell, CEO of Far Bank Enterprises, as Treasurer; and Sue Rechner, President and CEO of Confluence Outdoors, as Secretary.
“Serving as Chair of the OIA Board of Directors for the last year and working with such valued colleagues has been a truly fulfilling experience,” said Jennifer Mull. “I am thrilled to have the opportunity to continue to strengthen our remarkable industry and help our members achieve their goals.”
OIA looks to its Board of Directors for guidance in its overall strategic direction. The Board also establishes policies and positions, monitors the organization’s financial health, programs and overall performance, prepares the industry and association for the future and ensures that OIA has the resources to meet the needs of its members.
The OIA board consists of 18 industry elected members and up to 10 appointed non-voting members, who may serve up to two consecutive three-year terms.
New or reelected voting board members serving three-year terms include:
- Fred Clark, CEO, Thule
- Bob Holding, Co-Founder, Waypoint Outdoor
- Mike Joyce, President & CEO, Primaloft, Inc.
- David Labistour, CEO, Mountain Equipment Co-op
- Gordon Seabury, CEO of Toad & Co.
- Catherine Walker, Senior VP & General Counsel, REI
Newly appointed board members include:
- Carolyn Brodsky, President, Sterling Rope Co.
- Joy Howard, VP Global Marketing, Patagonia, Inc. (Appointed to complete the one year term vacated by Casey Sheehan)
Continuing OIA board members include:
- Todd Bradley, Co-Founder, C4 Waterman
- Peter Bragdon, Senior Vice President of Legal and Corporate Affairs, Columbia Sportswear Company
- Darren Bush, President, Rutabaga Paddlesports
- Travis Campbell, CEO, Far Bank Enterprises (Sage)
- Darrell Denny, SVP, Emerald Expositions
- Scott Kerslake, CEO, prAna
- David Kulow, President and CEO, All Terrain
- John Lacy, EVP Global Product and North American Sales, Burton Corporation
- Jill Layfield, President and CEO, Backcountry.com
- Ed McAlister, President, River Sports Outfitters
- Jennifer Mull, CEO, Backwoods, Inc.
- Sue Rechner, President and CEO, Confluence Watersports
- Mark Satkiewicz, President, SmartWool, Americas
- Ed Schmults, CEO, Wild Things
- Nora Stowell, VP of Sales, Amer Sports Group
- Kim Walker, Founder and President, outdoor DIVAS
- Jim Zwiers, Senior Vice President, President-International, Wolverine Worldwide
“Today the outdoor industry finds itself embracing many new changes, engaging new consumers, and opening itself to new ways of thinking,” said Frank Hugelmeyer, president and CEO of OIA. “The 2014-2015 OIA Board of Directors is an experienced and thoughtful group that will lead our member-driven organization as we work to ensure the continued growth and success of our industry through this era of change and opportunity.”
OIA thanks following board members who have reached the end of their terms for their dedicated service:
- Will Manzer, Past Chair, OIA
- Casey Sheahan, Former President and CEO, Patagonia
- Zohar Ziv, COO, Deckers Corp.
- Eva Lorenz, Former DMM Sporting Goods, Amazon
Logo courtesy Outdoor Industry Association