United Kingdom-based active apparel company Dare 2b is expanding its United States offerings for spring 2015, and the brand showcased the new products during this year’s Outdoor Retailer Summer Market. Additions include new technologies to improve performance and fit, as well as an array of new colors. Dare 2b, the sister company of Craghoppers, will be releasing a new snow apparel line for both men and women, as well as fast and light apparel for women.
“Dare 2b is just a couple of snow seasons old in the US,” Lindsey Hayes, CEO of Dare 2b North America, said in a news release. “But already consumers and retailers are rapidly getting behind what made the brand a success across Europe. Dare 2b is all about active adventure on the mountain and premium features at a high value price point. We’re convinced the addition of breathable, full stretch shells in Dare 2b’s trademark palette will be major sellers in the coming winter season.”
Women’s Fall/Winter Ski Sport
- Invigorate Jacket ($200): Features include multiple pockets, detachable hood and snow skirt, polyester insulation, underarm ventilation zips, adjustable cuffs, and taped seams. Available in Electric Pink, Seville Red, Black, Fairway Green, and Methyl Blue.
- Flatter Jacket ($275): Waterproof and breathable, the Flatter jacket features taped seams, a detachable hood, underarm ventilation zips, articulated sleeve design, adjustable cuffs, detachable snow skirt, and multiple pockets. Available in Seville Red, Methyl Blue, and Black.
- Serene Jacket ($300): Features include taped seams, detachable hood, underarm ventilation zips, adjustable cuffs, water-repellent center front zip with inner zip and chin guard, as well as a detachable snow skirt with stretch panel and gel gripper tape. Available in Airforce Blue and Golden Lemon.
- Luster Jacket ($250): Features include taped seams, detachable hood, underarm ventilation, adjustable cuffs and YKK center front zip with inner zip and chin guard for extra weather protection. Available in Fairway Green and a Black Tweed Herringbone Print.
- Embody Pant ($120): The Embody Pant is both waterproof and breathable and features taped seams, warm touch lining at upper legs, adjustable detachable braces with back slider system, elasticated waist adjusters, articulated knee design, snap cuff closure, reinforced self-fabric overlay at inner ankle, and binding at hem. Available in bright, stylish colors including Golden Lemon, Electric Pink, Fairway Green, etc.
Women’s Fall/Winter Free Ski
- Pacify Jacket ($160): Waterproof and breathable jacket with taped seams, grown on technical hood with adjusters, magnetic closure to storm flap, underarm ventilation zips and more. Available in fashionable colors Fairway Green and Methyl Blue/Patrol Blue.
- In a Flurry Pant ($100): Constructed with waterproof and breathable Ared 5000 coated nylon fabric, these flattering pants have a casual fit and multiple pockets. The In A Flurry Pant features a water repellent finish, taped seams, warm touch lining to upper legs, adjustable waist system, snap cuff closure and reinforced binding at hem. Available in Black and Fairway Green.
- Genteel Jacket ($300): The Genteel Jacket is perfect sophistication and glamour while also keeping comfortable and warm on the slopes. The fashionable, waterproof jacket features badging detail, zip access at cuffs, detachable hood, polyester insulation and detachable snow skirt. Available in Seville Red, Golden Lemon, White, and Black.
- Divine Jacket ($275): Just enough style and detail to look the ski bunny part, with serious performance to blow the boys’ minds, this belted, hip length jacket exudes confidence on and off the slopes. This waterproof, breathable Jacket combines the superior four-way stretch fabric with a flattering elasticated waist belt with matte finish buckle. Water-repellent finish, critically taped seams, detachable hood with adjuster and removable faux fur trim as well as underarm ventilation, multiple pockets and polyester insulation. Available in Black.
- Outstanding Pant ($120): The Outstanding Pant is a must-have for women who aren’t willing to sacrifice fashion for function while spending time on the mountain. Features include a windproof membrane, durable water-repellent finish, ergonomic shaped waistband, waist adjusters, skinny boot cut fit, zipped hem closure and articulated knee design. Available in stylish Houndstooth Print, Black, and White.
Men’s Fall/Winter Ski Sport
- Valiant Jacket ($325): Soft to the touch but bombproof in the snow, the Valiant Jacket never fails to impress. The waterproof, breathable jacket features a textured four-way stretch fabric exterior, DWR finish, taped seams, ventilation zips, detachable snow skirt, inner cuffs with thumb loops, and tons of pockets—including a use-through pocket for MP3/phone. Available in Fairway Green or Smokey Grey Marl.
- Savant Jacket ($300): The stylish, eye-catching Savant Jacket is constructed with four way stretch fabric, giving ski enthusiasts all the range of motion they need to conquer the mountain. This waterproof jacket features taped seams, detachable performance fit technical hood with adjusters, bonded storm flap, underarm ventilation zips, adjustable cuffs and a detachable snowskirt with stretch panel and gel gripper tape. Available in Pumpkin Orange, Black, and Skydiver Blue.
- Intend Club Jacket ($250): Waterproof, breathable, four-way stretch insulated shell jacket for the serious winter player. Features include DWR finish, taped seams, detachable hood, underarm ventilation zips, adjustable cuffs, articulated sleeve design, multiple pockets and detachable snow skirt, inner cuffs with thumb loops, storm flap and chin guard, pockets a-plenty and more. Available in Black, Skydiver Blue/Classic Blue, and Fairway Green/Trek Green.
- Framework Jacket ($170): Waterproof, breathable, stretch shell with supreme waterproofing for high-output activities in less than ideal conditions. A full-stretch waterproof, breathable shell with powder skirt, the Framework Jacket is sure to keep wearers dryer inside and out. Features include taped seams, detachable snow skirt, detachable hood, chin guard, magnetic closure to storm flap, two-way underarm ventilation zippers and part mesh, part polyester taffeta lining. Multiple pockets including a use-through phone/MP3 pocket. Available in Lime Zest/Key Lime, and Black.
- Erudite Club Pant ($160): These waterproof, breathable pants feature taped seams, warm touch lining on upper legs, ergonomic shaped waistband, reinforced self fabric overlay at ankle, reinforced binding at hem and performance fit, and are available in regular and short leg lengths. Available in Black.
- Qualify Pant ($120): Waterproof and breathable, the Qualify Pant features taped seams, adjustable detachable braces with back slider system, waist adjusters, articulated knees design and a reinforced binding at hem. Available in Red Alert, Fairway Green Pumpkin Orange, Black, etc.
Men’s Fall/Winter Free Ski
- Virtuous Jacket ($160): Vibrant and stylish, the waterproof Virtuous Jacket features taped seams, grown on technical hood with adjusters, magnetic closure to storm flap, underarm ventilation zips, articulated sleeve design, adjustable cuffs and multiple pockets for goggles, MP3 and other valuables. Available in Skydiver Blue/Classic Blue.
- Standout Pant ($100): The waterproof and breathable Standout Pants feature taped seams and a reinforced binding at the hem to ensure wearers stay dry while carving down the mountain. Multiple pockets keep valuables safe and dry. Available in Skydiver Blue, Fairway Green and Black.
- Gallant Jacket ($200): Street style with mountain performance, the Gallant is ready for a full day on the slopes or an epic city storm. Waterproof and breathable textured Ared 800 fabric, high loft polyester insulation, warm touch scrim insulated lining and a Sherpa fleece hood lining for extra comfort and warmth. Other features include an attached hood, magnetic closure storm flap, articulated sleeve design, adjustable cuffs, removable snow skirt with gel grippers. Multiple pockets include use-through mobile phone pocket. Available in Brown Rubber, Mid Grey, and Airforce Blue.
- Prominent Jacket ($250): Combining a stylish look with best-in-class technologies like Ared four-way stretch fabric and magnetic closures, the Prominent Jacket is sure to be a favorite with guys who won’t sacrifice fashion for function. Other features include underarm ventilation zips, articulated sleeve design, inner ribbed collar and cuff, warm touch scrim quilted lining as well as a detachable snow skirt with stretch panel and gel gripper tape. Available in Ebony Grey.
Women’s Fast & Light Apparel
- Candor Jacket ($150): The ultimate fast and light defense from the elements, this 4-way stretch shell is waterproof and breathable with taped seams, grown on hood with technical wired peak to keep rain out. Full front zip and underarm zips for ventilation, five pockets, adjustable cuffs and super light weight will make the Candor a fast favorite. Available in Electric Pink/Fuchsia, Lime Zest/Key Lime and Blue Jewel/Blue Reef.
- Forefend Softshell ($90) and Gilet ($60): Combining the protection of waterproofing and windproofing with the comfort of a four-way stretch softshell with detachable hood, zippered pockets adjustable hem and super light weight makes the Forefend indispensible all year long. Available in Fairway Green, Electric Pink, and Black.
- Oblige Core Stretch ($60): This versatile midlayer combines warm backed knitted stretch fabric with underarm mesh panels to make sure you’re most comfortable. Half zip for style and ventilation and pocket on the sleeve and reflectivity for the perfect storm of comfort and style. Available in Electric Pink, White, and Black.
- Alighted Trouser ($70), Short ($60), and Skort ($50): Four-way stretch and multiple pockets mean the Alighted Trouser and Short are ready for any summer outdoor adventure. Quick drying nylon/elastane fabric is lightweight and water repellent with and adjustable shockcord waist, belt loops and a zip fly. Skort features built in boy shorts. Trousers available in Black; Shorts available in Fuchsia, Blue Jewel, and Black.
- Mollify T ($35): Form follows function with the eye catching Mollify T. BODY seamless construction technology with superior wicking and quick drying for a shirt that helps you reach your potential while the anti-microbial treatment helps maintain friendships. Available in Electric Pink, Blue Jewel, and Black.
- Elimental 3/4 Tight ($45): Perfect Spring-Fall, the Elemental ¾ features four-way stretch and a rear zippered pocket with an elasticated and drawcord waist. Stretch mesh venting zones flat lock seams and gel gripper tape at hem, plus reflectivity for safety day or night. Available in Black.
- Shape Up Short ($40): A technical running short with mesh venting zones, inner brief, wide elasticated waistband with drawcord waist, reflectivity and a rear zippered pocket, does it get any better? Available in Performance Purple, and Black.
- Tenuous Windshell ($70): Super light weight, the Tenuous is water repellent and wind resistant with a grown on hood, chest pocket, adjustable hem and packable into its own pocket for the ultimate in convenience. Available in bright, stylish colors including Neon Pink and Fluro Yellow.
- Carapace Windshell ($60): This convertible shell is not only water repellent and wind resistant, but also LED compatible with a rear zippered pocket and two-in-one design that allows the rider to remove the sleeves while riding. Available in eye catching colors including Neon Pink, Fairway Green, and Performance Purple.
Images courtesy of Dare 2b/Terra Public Relations