There is no better way to get stoked about skiing, biking, riding, or paddling than by seeing the 2013 edition of the Radical Reels Tour on October 4, 5 and 6, 2013, in Golden, Colorado! We’re talking jaw-dropping bike jumps, nail-biting kayak drops, and mind-blowing powder. The Radical Reels Tour, presented by The Banff Centre, now in its 10th year, continues to push boundaries with the best action sports films from the annual Banff Mountain Film Festival.
Experience more than half a dozen wild action sports as seen through the eyes of some of today’s top athletes and most talented adventure sport filmmakers. The Radical Reels Tour runs every spring & fall and spans North America, bringing a variety of mountain sport films to a wide range of viewers from hard-core outdoor adventurers to weekend warriors. Join the party for a good cause. Profits of the presentation will go to the Colorado Mountain Club.
Hosted by the Colorado Mountain Club, the Radical Reels Tour screens in Golden, Colorado on October 4, 5 and 6 at the American Mountaineering Center. Tickets are available now for $15 and can be purchased by visiting www.cmc.org/radreels.
The Radical Reels Tour is presented by National Geographic, The North Face, Deuter, and Bergans of Norway and is a program of The Banff Centre. Check out the promo clips: http://vimeopro.com/bmffworldtour/promotionalclips-radical-reels2013
Date: Oct. 4, 5, and 6 – Doors: 6PM/Film Start 7PM
Location: Colorado Mountain Club/American Mountaineering Center, Golden, CO
Tickets: $15 – www.cmc.org/radreels
For local information, theatre details, time of show, tickets, and interviews:
For details about the Banff Mountain Film Festival and The Radical Reels Tour or The Banff Centre:
- Being There (special edit) highlights fun-loving and fearless freeskiers showcasing their talents in spectacular Norway and Sweden.
- Endless Roads (special edit) follows seven female longboarders on a trip around Spain as they connect with local riders for some crazy downhill.
- Further (Special Edit) is all about legendary snowboarder Jeremy Jones’ commitment to camping deep in the backcountry and reaching summits under his own steam.
- LACON DE CATALONIA – Andreu Lacondeguy Watch what happens when a hugely talented rider buys a piece of land and builds himself a 13 meter dirt jump.
- Of Souls+Water – The Shapeshifter Artfully captured, whitewater kayaker Ben Marr shreds waves in some of northern Quebec’s most notorious rapids in Of Souls + Water – The Shapeshifter.
- Reel Rock 7: La Dura Dura is the tale of two rock climbing superstars using their own methods in a gentlemen’s battle for the first ascent of Catalunya’s La Dura Dura — the world’s first 5.15c.
- The Rollerman, daredevil Jean-Yves Blondeau flies down mountain roads wearing a futuristic body suit covered with wheels.
- The short flick Wanna Ride? follows speed-riders Maxence Cavalade and François Bon as they perform an aerial duet in the French Alps.
- Where the Trail Ends (Special Edit) When the big lines and landscape of the US are not enough for some of the world’s top freeride mountain bikers, they set off to discover new terrain and new cultures.
- White Water Grand Prix- Big Water Enduro is a fast-paced recap of a race between some of the world’s best paddlers on spectacular Chilean whitewater.
- Flying his wingsuit towards a special slalom gate, Wingsuit Downhill Target Punch captures Alexander Polli literally breaking the barriers of what is possible in human flight.
Image courtesy Colorado Mountain Club