Nevada State Parks’ 3rd Annual Pedal-to-Pedal Bike Tour covers more than 100 miles of scenic beauty, touring some of Eastern Nevada’s most diverse landscapes, towns and state parks. Rides start and end in the beautiful Rainbow Canyon at Kershaw-Ryan State Park. Participants can top off the day’s ride with a mouthwatering Dutch oven feast.
A limited 250 riders can participate in one of three rides:
- The 103 mile “Extreme” is the most challenging with approximately 5,600 feet of climbing; participants pedal through four state parks, two old west towns and up Pioche Hill.
- The 60 mile “Double Jack” is a more moderate challenge. It includes Pioche Hill, a 10 mile climb of approximately 1,400 feet that leads to the old mining town of Pioche. Participants see two state parks and two old west towns along the way.
- The 40 mile “Helix” is great for participants who are looking for a shorter ride without extreme hill climbs. This ride passes through Cathedral Gorge State Park in Panaca, ending just before Pioche Hill. Participants ride through two state parks and the old railroad town of Caliente.
WHAT: Park-to-Park Pedal -Nevada Extreme 100
WHEN: Saturday, October 12.
WHERE: The rides start and finish at Kershaw-Ryan State Park in Caliente, Nevada.
WHO: The event is open to the public, limited to 250 riders and is sponsored by the Lincoln Communities Action Team andNevadaState Parks.
REGISTRATION: Pre-registration is required at http://www.lincolncountynevada.com/Lincoln-County-Nevada-Pedal.html. Pre-registered rider check-in and packet pick-up takes place Friday, October 11, from 5:30 p.m. until 7 p.m. at Kershaw-Ryan State Park on Highway 317 in Caliente. Same day registration and packet pick-up is the morning of the ride on Saturday, October 12, at Kershaw-Ryan State Park from 7 a.m. to 7:30 a.m.
Ride Start Times:
- 103-mile “Extreme” is from 7:30 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.
- 60-mile “Double Jack” is from 8:00 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.
- 40-mile “Helix” is from 8:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
COST: The non-refundable registration fee of $70 includes one t-shirt and one Dutch Oven dinner per participant.
CONTACT: For more information call 1-877-870-3003 or 775-728-4460 or email at[email protected]
MORE: Camping is available at all area parks: Kershaw-Ryan, Cathedral Gorge, Beaver Dam, EchoCanyon andSpring Valley. Motels are available in Caliente.
Logo courtesy Nevada Department of Conservation and Natural Resources