Today, the marine industry is seeing a huge variety of outboards, from tiny solar-powered trolling motors to the largest single outboards ever built. While a few owners still enjoy tinkering with older engines, most boaters are happy to trust these increasingly complex machines to factory-trained service techs.
In this preview of his IBEX 2013 seminar, John Bernier (North Atlantic Marine Services), reviews a series of questions that every service tech needs to consider when it comes to working on outboards.
- What is routine maintenance and does it change with location or usage?
- Where do I find the information I need?
- How can I find someone to assist us with a successful program?
- How can my service manager or service writer package and/or upsell this work without sounding like a sales pitch?
- How can I perform all this work in a timely fashion?
Join us to find out how service departments can the quality of their work and customer satisfaction.
Logo courtesy ProBoat Radio