The Lowcountry’s largest boat show and sale, the 33rd Annual Charleston Boat Show, opens its doors next Friday, January 25, and continues through Sunday, January 27, at the Charleston Area Convention Center.
Sponsored by Mercury, this year’s Charleston Boat Show features a wide variety of the latest models, with many offered at discount prices. The region’s leading dealers will be on-site to showcase a multitude of powerboats including: sport cruisers, motor and express yachts, sport fishing boats, center console fishing boats, bass boats, bow riders, deck and aluminum boats, runabouts, bay boats, shallow water flat skiffs, jet skis and family cruisers.
Highlights for the 2013 Charleston Boat Show include:
- Skipper Bivins and Trent Jackson, hosts of Animal Planet’s hit show, Hillbilly Handfishin’. Learn how they teach everyday folks how to catch massive catfish with their hands and feet!
- Wild Wing Cafe and radio station, Q104.5 team up for this year’s Wing Eating Contest with a grand prize of a Yeti Cooler valued at $500!
- Local archery sensation, Ella Kokinda is scheduled Sunday to demonstrate her talents. Featured on ESPN and Inside Edition, this Goose Creek teen is the State Champ and second ranked female in the National Archery in the Schools program nationwide.
- The Coastal Fishing Expo provides fishing seminars, demonstrations and one-on-one discussion with local experts.
These educational seminars are educational and informative for fishermen of all levels.
- Adults and kids are invited to test their skills at the Fishing Simulator presented by the South Carolina Department of Natural Recourses.
- Wild Wing Café ‘will be on hand to satisfy the hungriest of appetites, serving up their delicious wings, nuggets, BBQ sandwiches, tater tots and house chips.
- The kids will be entertained with popular features such as face painting, Loco Lazer Tag and Bouncy Houses.
The Charleston Boat Show is hosted by the Tri-County Marine Trade Association and produced by JBM & Associates. Sponsors include Mercury Marine, Allstate Boat Insurance and Stage Presence Event Rentals.
- Friday, January 25: Noon-6pm
- Saturday, January 26: 10am-6pm
- Sunday, January 27: 11am-5pm
- $9 adults ($5 on Friday)
- $5 Military
- $4 Kids ages 4-12
- Kids 3 & under- FREE
For more information, visit www.TheCharlestonBoatShow.com.