Devil’s Lake State Park: The electrification project is progressing with 129 sites being upgraded and 22 sites having new electrical pedestals installed. Work in the Quartzite campground is expected to be completed by the end of December, weather permitting. The contractor will then install wire and pedestals at the Northern Lights campground. Work is scheduled be completed in all campgrounds by early spring 2013.
Kettle Moraine State Forest – Northern Unit and Southern Unit: All pedestal installation work is complete at both properties; 16 new pedestals were installed at the Southern Unit and 16 at the Northern Unit. The contractor is currently working to install service panels. All work is scheduled to be completed by mid to late winter, weather permitting.
Peninsula State Park: The campsite electrification project is moving along very well; 103 campsites will have electricity upgraded and 60 campsites will have new electric pedestals added. The contractor is working in the Tennison Bay campground, and is installing service upgrades and doing site preparation at South Nicolet Bay, Weborg and Welcker’s campgrounds.
Wildcat Mountain State Park: All 12 campsites with new electrical pedestals are nearly complete.
The following electrification projects are complete and the campsites at these parks are now available for reservations.
- Big Foot Beach State Park: New electrical pedestals installed on 20 campsites.
- High Cliff State Park: Electrical upgrades completed on 32 campsites.
- Interstate Park: New electrical pedestals installed on 20 campsites.
- Kohler-Andrae State Park: New electric pedestals installed on 12 campsites.
- Roche-A-Cri State Park: New electrical pedestals installed on 4 campsites.
- Yellowstone Lake State Park: Electrical upgrades completed on 43 campsites.
Thank you for your patience as we move forward with this project. Please watch for future updates. Information will be posted as it becomes available on project status and campsite availability.
For more information, please see: http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/parks/camping/electricupgrades.html
Image courtesy Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources