With the London Olympics over, there’s still an opportunity to win gold this year.
Ouabache State Park is hosting the Ouabache Olympics, Sept. 29, from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The Ouabache Olympics is a family event with 10 competitions. Medals will be awarded at the end of the Olympics based on how many competitions athletes participated in. The day’s schedule is:
- Registration, 8 a.m., followed by time for athletes to create team flags.
- Opening ceremonies, 8:45 a.m.
- A mile run/walk, 9-9:45 a.m.
- Basketball, tennis and volleyball, 10-11:30 a.m.
- Cycling, noon to 12:45 p.m.
- Archery and air-rifle shooting, 1-2:30 p.m.
- Canoeing, 3-4:30 p.m.
- Hiking and fire tower climb, 5-6:30 p.m.
- Closing ceremony and awards, 7 p.m.
Camping reservations may be made at camp.IN.gov or (866) 622-6746.
The regular gate fee of $5 per in-state vehicle and $7 per out-of-state vehicle is in effect.
Ouabache State Park is at 4930 E. State Road 201, Bluffton, 46714.