This year, contest in partnership with Backcountry Magazine will name one Grand Prize Winner, along with People’s Choice Awards
There’s nothing better than a free pair of brand spankin’ new skis … except maybe a free pair of new skis with your favorite graphic on them – one of your own design.
On Sept. 1, the fifth-annual SkiGraphiks contest, sponsored by G3, manufacturer of industry-leading gear for backcountry and sidecountry skiing, and Backcountry Magazine launches with a restructured format. One Grand Prize Winner will be chosen by judges at the end of the contest and three People’s Choice Awards (one each month) will be given to the most popular entries for a total of four winners between now and the end of the contest on Nov. 30, 2012.
“We’re psyched to be working with G3 again this year, and especially as the exclusive partner on the Skigraphiks contest,” said Backcountry Managing Editor, Tyler Cohen. “Backcountry is all about making our magazine content relatable to readers and incorporating them into the product, and this contest is a perfect match for that mission. Plus, custom ski graphics rock, and G3 and Backcountry kind of rhyme.”
Here’s the scoop:
- Submit designs via the Skigraphiks website between Sept. 1 and Nov. 30.
- A Grand Prize Winner will be chosen one week after the contest closes by a team of judges from G3 and Backcountry Magazine based on the merits of their design. The grand prize designer will receive a pair of G3’s award-winning District skis featuring their topsheet design, their choice of either the G3 ONYX tech binding or G3 ENZO telemark binding, G3 Alpinist Climbing Skins, a one-year subscription to Backcountry Magazine and a Backcountry Magazine hat and t-shirt.
- 3 People’s Choice winners, determined by the design with the most votes, comments, likes and shares each month on the Skigraphiks web site, will receive G3 Alpinist Climbing Skins, a one-year subscription to Backcountry Magazine and a Backcountry Magazine hat and t-shirt.
- Promote your design on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social sites, which pays off when others vote for your design on the Skigraphiks site.
- The winning Skigraphiks design will grace the topsheet of a custom version of G3’s new award-winning District ski, a do-anything machine that features a lightweight wood core with Titanal sandwich construction and 112 mm underfoot.
- A template with the design outline can be downloaded at skigraphiks.com. Each design must incorporate the G3 and Backcountry Magazine logos.
Past year’s winning designs have ranged from modern to outdoorsy, from bright cartoon graphics to a design inspired by a wooden coffee table. Check out last year’s winning designs on the G3 Skigraphiks site here.
To learn more about the 2013 SkiGraphiks contest, visit www.G3SkiGraphiks.com.
Logo courtesy G3 Genuine Guide Gear