Four top flats anglers/captains/authors and popular TV hosts will flank four top end flats skiffs from Hell’s Bay Boatworks to spend quality time with visitors during the Miami International Boat Show beginning Feb. 16 – 20.
“We’re again in a larger exhibit (#3198) just steps away from the outside south ticket entrance at 17th Street and Convention Center Drive known as the City Hall,” said Hell’s Bay General Manager Todd Fuller.
Of its eight models Hell’s Bay will have four popular 2012 skiffs including the newly redesigned Biscayne targeted specifically for anglers and guides to pursue tarpon and permit.
“This is Jose Wejebe’s personal boat for his Spanish Fly telecasts,” said Fuller. “At 16’, 4” and weighing just 595 lbs dry, it floats very shallow. Holding two anglers and a 70 hp engine it displaces just seven inches. The Biscayne is super quiet when poling the flats but it’s also an extremely stealthy boat for the wide range of waters anglers and guides typically face in the Keys and other regions and fishing pursuits.
“It provides a comfortable ride during rough water crossings and superior performance in ocean swells while sight casting to migrating tarpon,” added Fuller.
The 12-year old Titusville, Fla., builder will showcase three more of its versatile and lightweight models at the show including::
- HB’s flagship Neptune (18’ 6”.) a coastal tournament-ready skiff, the largest in the line.
- Marquesa (17’ 11”) the best seller in the HB line, handling rough runs while maintaining stealth and poling stability.
- Professional (17’ 8”) considered the ultimate in versatility for fishing a wide variety of conditions with a perfect blend of shallow water draft, dry comfortable ride, and stability.
“We have an ideal skiff for every type of shallow water fishery,” said Fuller.
Chico, Andy, Jose and C.A. headline HB world class pro staff appearances at show
Hell’s Bay will have on board several of its world class flats captains, TV hosts and educators to answer questions on fishing techniques. They include:
- Chico Fernandez, “Fly Fishing for Bonefish” author and frequent TV guest and fly expert
- Jose Wejebe, producer and host of the long running Spanish Fly on the Outdoor Channel
- Andy Mill, Olympian, TV host, tarpon fishing champion, author of “A Passion for Tarpon”
- CA. Richardson, host of Flats Class TV and renowned Tampa Bay educator and guide
Each gentleman will be offering wide ranging instructions and advice on casting, knots, rigging and other fishing and boating techniques.