Mountain & Trail News

    WildHeart Offers Music and Environmental Message in Missouri Oct. 22

    Jefferson City, Mo., OCT. 11, 2011 — The music and environmental message of WildHeart will be heard Saturday, Oct. 22 at Graham Cave State Park near Danville. WildHeart will perform at 4 p.m. in front of the cave. Bring a blanket or lawn chairs for your comfort.

    WildHeart is composed of Jan and George Syrigos, both Emmy award-winning educators and entertainers who bring a strong science message to young audiences as they explore wildlife, habitats and natural history. Their performance combines original music with motion and media to deliver a conservation message about the natural world.

    The free performance is made possible thanks to a grant from the Missouri Arts Council and a donation from Brad’s Kwik Store in Montgomery City. Earlier this year, a Missouri Arts Council grant partially funded performances by WildHeart in seven state parks. WildHeart is an approved Missouri Tour Performer for the Missouri Arts Council and the grant provides the performance at a 60 percent reduced rate from the original price. The remaining 40 percent matching funds needed for the local performance in Graham Cave State Park were provided by a donation from Brad’s Kwik Store in Montgomery City. This will allow Graham Cave State Park to provide the performance free of charge to the public.

    The park offers several picnic areas, hiking trails, a campground, interpretive information and the cave itself. Come early and enjoy some outdoor fun before the performance.

    For more information about the show, call Graham Cave State Park at 573-564-3476 or call the Missouri Department of Natural Resources toll free at 800-334-6946 (voice) or 800-379-2419 (Telecommunications Device for the Deaf. For information on state parks and historic sites, visit

    Planning your next Camping trip? Start your search at

    Share This Article