Under minimal supervision, the Product Manager assists in the definition, development and termination of the activities of products by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible to identify potential products and assists in the establishment of pricing and market strategies, estimate potential sales, defines promotional activities, and provides product forecasts from inception through phase-out.
- Gather information to determine market needs and participates in overall product strategy, product requirements, market analysis, and coordination for manufacturing or sourcing for new and existing products.
- Gathers new product ideas, develop product definitions, and evaluates their potential contribution.
- Collaborates with a wide variety of functional areas, both domestic and international, such as sales, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, and operations to ensure product quality and success is maintained in response customer needs and market opportunities.
- Assists sales team in new product communication tools and resources
- Evaluate and compare dive products through first-hand experience
- Coordinates and develops marketing, sales and financial plans for product line.
- Gathers data on market position of competitors, analyzing their prices, sales and marketing techniques
- Reviews progress continually through product life cycle to ensure attainment of objectives.
- Maintains communications and contacts to collect and analyze technical, financial, marketing, schedule, and sales information for product line.
- Interfaces with Marketing, Production, CSR, and Sales departments as needed.
- Supervises technical training to the sales team and dealer base, including management of the administration of the online technical training site.
- Position may require management of certain high profile accounts.
- Domestic and international travel is necessary to achieve the above duties and responsibilities.
- Leads the designated staff supporting the products from conception to product release to its end of life.
- Responsibilities include training employees in product knowledge, planning, assigning and directing work, evaluating product life, addressing customer complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- BS degree in Business Administration or Marketing, plus 5 years experience in consumer products environment (preferably sporting goods) or 5 to 10 years hands-on experience in directly related products.
- A dive certification card and frequent diving is required to complete the above listed responsibilities.
- Must be computer literate-Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook).
- Data mining software knowledge such as COGNOS a plus.
- Proficiency using AS400 ERP software a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires lifting, moving, stacking up to 50 lbs. Must be able to pass a diving physical.
Please submit your cover letter and resume through Malakye.com.