The Apparel Design Assistant Intern is responsible for assisting the Design team in the identity, color, graphics, fit, form, function, construction, and all other aesthetic and functional aspects of the products.
- Successfully complete assigned tasks, assist designers, think outside the box and solve problems.
- Assist with technical specification packages that represent designs and meet various targets set as directed per verbal or written brief from category director.
- Create sketches, mood boards, mock-ups, simple sew-by samples, prototypes or other representations of the design as appropriate to support projects.
- Assist with color process and graphics generation.
- Select appropriate materials and manufacturing processes in collaboration with materials engineering, quality and development.
- Participate in design fittings and assist with product prototype process.
- Adhere to the design and timeline requirements of the assigned project timely and accurate manner.
- Assist with designs, prototypes and project status in regular design reviews.
- Research new materials and technologies for potential use for Black Diamond products.
- Required: Bachelors Degree in Design completed or in process
- Preferred: Bachelors Degree in Fashion Design or Industrial Design completed or in process
- Required: None required
- Preferred: Retail work experience or experience in the field of design
Skills and General Experience:
- Knowledgeable of garment construction and design.
- Must demonstrate the ability to sketch, create technical drawings and model products in a way that clearly communicates design intent.
- Demonstrated project management skills and excellent interpersonal communication skill necessary. Strong computer skills including Word, Excel and Adobe Illustrator or Creative Suite required.
- Must be open to change and possess the ability to function in a high paced environment with a seasonal workflow.