Eureka!, part of the Johnson Outdoors family of brands, creates tents, canopies, sleeping bags and related accessories for life outdoors. Our tents and gear are equally at home camping in your favorite campground, at a backyard sleepover, on winter camping expeditions, biking or hiking in the wilderness.
Eureka! is looking for a passionate individual that has a love for adventure and the product that accompanies the Eureka! brand. Eureka! needs a strategic thinker that is able to keep an eye on the details but can also pull out into big picture conversations. Previous product management and organizational skills are required. Outdoor recreation industry experience in a plus.
The Eureka! Product Manager is expected to create, develop, execute and be accountable for all product development activity, development objectives and strategies, the product development plan, and related results. This position will work closely with the R&D, Procurement and Quality teams to ensure we are producing the highest quality products. The Eureka! Product Manager ensures all product and product plans are in alignment with the business/brand objectives and strategies.
What you will do:
- Perform advanced market/consumer research and competitive analysis, and align knowledge of industry trends with Eureka sales data to manage product lifecycles for the brand.
- Develop Eureka! product plans which meet established cost targets, margin structure and in-stock dates to increase profitability and consumer engagement.
- Ensure the Eureka! brand is reinforced in product design, plans and implementation. Lead product enhancement research and product redesign which includes product testing and analyzing markets to determine product success.
- Recommend and implement new and innovative design approaches, new segments and new opportunities to obtain cost savings, increase efficiencies/effectiveness and improve product performance of existing products.
- Manage and lead product development projects from conception to launch and collaborate with various teams to ensure success. Ensure projects are executed on time, within quality guidelines and within budget.
- Act as the resident product expert to train sales force with the ability to make customer product presentations. Collaborate with Marketing on the development and creation of marketing materials assuring technical accuracy and proper product positioning.
- Collaborate with marketing and sales leadership to effectively target consumers and deliver the product to the market to maximize profits.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned
What you need to succeed:
- A passion for the outdoors and outdoor recreation, particularly camping or backpacking
- Breadth and depth of understanding of the camping/backcountry industry, its brands, its dealers, and consumers where applicable
- Minimum of 5 years Product Manager experience, preferably outdoor recreation industry experience
- Involvement in company product related activities, and ability to develop rapport and gain respect of key participants in these sports.
- Must have strong communication skills and collaborative spirit
- Leader with the ability to balance a broad brand/product range focus with detailed task level execution
- Ability to apply advanced skills to adapt procedures, processes, tools, equipment and techniques to accomplish the requirements of the position
- Proven organizational and analytical skills, detail orientation, and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to solve complex problems and experience serving as a resource to others in the resolution of issues.
- Domestic and International Travel required
Eureka! / Johnson Outdoors Gear Culture Mandatories:
- Know what you’re responsible for, take ownership
- Solve problems, develop processes, and take personal initiative:
- We are building a rewarding place to work, together
- If you don’t figure it out and make it happen, who will?
- Anticipate what needs to get done, in advance
- Be willing to ask for help, assist others and work together
- Share information pro-actively
Johnson Outdoors Gear offers a very competitive pay and benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance; life and LTD insurance; cash profit sharing; 401k with company match and deferred retirement contributions; and generous holiday and vacation benefits. Johnson Outdoors Gear is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Pre-employment drug test required.
Learn more at http://www.eurekatent.com/