Good pancakes can go a long way when your on a family camping trip, boy scout trip or just in the woods alone. I always make sure to have the proper equipment to make this easy camp food. These are my steps for rocking some great pancakes in the wilderness.
- Buy a huge bag of Pancake Mix. This stuff mixes easily with water in a shaker or whatever container you have on hand (just be sure to throw a measuring cup in the bag before you leave home). Also, these pancakes tend to be very moist and delicious.
- Set up your grate over some burning coals (not flames) and set your cast-iron skillet or griddle on top. Let it sit for about 10 minutes.
- Follow the directions to create your pancake mix while you’re waiting for the griddle/skillet to heat up
- Optional: Spray the top with a butter-flavored cooking spray (if your skillet is already well-seasoned, this won’t be necessary)
- Using your measuring cup or a ladle, pour the pancake batter on the griddle or skillet in the desired size of circles
- Flip over when you can see air bubbles throughout the pancake from the top
- Cook other side until done, douse with syrup and enjoy!