Outdoor Photography Sweepstakes Sponsored by VANGUARD Official Rules
READ THESE OFFICIAL RULES
1. Eligibility: Outdoor Photography Sweepstakes Sponsored by VANGUARD (“Sweepstakes”) is open to persons who are legal residents of, and physically located within, the 50 United States or D.C., age 18 or older at time of entry. Void where prohibited. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Employees of VANGUARD USA, Inc., and its affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotional agencies, judges, and the immediate family members (herein, defined as spouse, siblings, children and each of their respective spouses, regardless of residence and any person living in such a person’s household, whether related or not) of each as well as the employees of any sweepstakes administrator identified at the end of these Official Rules (“Administrator”) or of any company affiliated with the Sweepstakes and collectively with the foregoing persons or entities, (the “Sweepstakes Entities”) are not eligible to participate. No purchase or payment is necessary to enter or win. A purchase or payment will not improve your chances of winning.
2. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. By submitting an Official Entry Form you understand and acknowledge that you are providing your information to Sponsor and its affiliates and not to Facebook.
3. Entry Period: This Sweepstakes begins at 8:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on February 9, 2012 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on February 19, 2012 (“Sweepstakes Period.”).
4. How to Enter: You may enter one time per day, via either of the two ways, during the Sweepstakes Entry Period. (“Entry(ies)”). Visit www.outdoorhub.com/contests/ (“Website”) during the Sweepstakes Entry Period or find the “Photography Sweepstakes” tab (“Tab”) on the Outdoor Hub Page on Facebook (www.facebook.com/OutdoorHub) and “Like” the Outdoor Hub Facebook page at www.facebook.com/OutdoorHub. For the purposes of these Official Rules, you may enter via the Website beginning at 1:00 AM ET on February 9, 2012 and you may enter via the Tab beginning at 8:00 AM ET on February 9, 2012. To enter via the Website, you will need to follow all instructions to complete and submit the Sweepstakes Entry Form (“Entry Form”) in its entirety. You (the “Entrant”) will receive one (1) Entry upon completing the Entry Form for the Day your Entry was received. You will have the opportunity to earn up to ten (10) additional entries by “sharing” promoted content to your friends via the Facebook Post-to-Wall, YouTube, Twitter or Email widgets found on the “Outdoor Photography Kit” page on the Website. To enter via the Tab, follow the instructions to enter the Sweepstakes. Upon submitting your Entry, you will be entered into the Grand Prize Drawing. You can earn up to one (1) additional Entry each Day by sharing the daily promoted content on the Website contest page. In order to qualify for the additional entries: You must submit a valid Entry. You will be able to share more than ten (10) pieces of promoted content but only up to the first ten (10) will allow you to earn the Additional Entries. Each Additional Entry will be entered into the Grand Prize Drawing after you have followed the Entry instructions stated above. Entries using macro, robotic, script, or other forms of automatic entry will be disqualified. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt. Limit one entry per person and/or per email address during the Entry Period regardless of how you entered the Sweepstakes and whether one person has more than one email address. If there is a dispute as to the identity of entrant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the e-mail address is assigned by an Internet service provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible.
5. Prizes and Approximate Retail Value (ARV): One (1) Grand Prize winner will be selected to receive: Kinray 53GR Camera/Hiking Bag (ARV: $249 USD), Nivelo 245BK Lightweight Travel Tripod (ARV: $149 USD), Orros 8250 Compact Binoculars (ARV: $79 USD), and CK6N1 Lens Cleaning Kit (ARP: $29 USD) (“Grand Prize”). Grand Prize will be delivered to addresses in the United States. No cash alternative or substitution of Prize will be allowed, except Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to substitute prizes (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value. The Grand Prize is non-transferrable. The winner agrees to accept the Grand Prize “as is”. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen Prizes. Sponsor makes no representations or warranties with respect to any Prize. Any other costs or expenses associated with the Prizes will be the responsibility of selected winners.
7. General: Entrants must have a valid e-mail address, and it is Entrant’s responsibility to update Sponsor of any change in e-mail address. By entering this Sweepstakes, Entrants agree to by bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and Administrator on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes, which are final and binding. The Winners are solely responsible for all local, state and federal taxes on the prizes including sales or use taxes, as well as any expenses related to participation in the Sweepstakes or acceptance of their Prize. By participating, each Entrant agrees to, releases and holds the Sweepstakes Entities and their respective divisions, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, agents, and representatives (collectively “Releasees”) harmless from any injury, loss, or damage to person, including death, personal injury or loss or damage to property due in-whole or in-part, directly or indirectly to the acceptance or use/misuse of a Prize, participation in any promotion-related activity, or participation in the Sweepstakes. Entrants also accept and agree to be bound by the Official Rules and decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator, which are final and binding. This Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state and local laws and is void where prohibited. By accepting the Grand Prize, the Winner agrees, where imposing such condition is legal, that Sponsor and their designees shall have the right, but not the obligation, to use of his/her name, city and state of residence and/or likeness for advertising and publicity purposes in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity without further compensation, permission or notification and, upon request, will confirm consent to such use in writing. Sponsor and Administrator are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the offer or administration of this Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of Winners and Prizes. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with this Sweepstakes, or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes as planned is undermined by any event including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state, or local government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel, or terminate the sweepstakes and award each Prize from among all eligible Entries received up to that date. In the event of any changes to the Facebook invitation system made by Facebook during the Sweepstakes Entry Period that restrict the awarding of additional Entries, that portion of the additional Entries will be discontinued. All disputes, claims and causes of action at law or in equity (individually, “Claim”) arising out of or relating to this sweepstakes, the meaning or interpretation of the rules or any Prize awarded shall be resolved by applying the laws of Michigan, without regard to conflict of laws provisions therein, and shall be solely and exclusively brought in the state or federal courts within that state. All Claims shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action and all Claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event include attorneys’ fees, and under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, special, consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses and waives all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
8. Odds of Winning: Odds of being selected as eligible to win the prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. Many will enter, only one (1) will win. Sponsor cannot accurately predict the number of entries to be submitted in the Sweepstakes.
9. Winner Selection: The potential winner will be selected, by Sponsor, in a random drawing to be held on or about February 21, 2012 from all eligible and qualified entries received in accordance with these Official Rules. The potential winner will be notified by email within twenty (20) days of the drawing at the email address provided by the entrant at the time of Sweepstakes entry. Please check your email and spam filters. If a winner cannot be reached for any reason whatsoever after reasonable effort has been exerted, or if he/she is found to be ineligible or if he/she cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules the potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected, who will be subject to disqualification in the same manner.
10. Verification of Winner: Prize winner may be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, liability release, a publicity release (collectively “Prize Claim Documents”). If any potential winner fails or refuses to sign and return all Prize Claim Documents within seven (7) days of Prize notification, or such shorter time as exigencies may require, the winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected.
11. Use of Winner’s Name and Other Personal Information: Sponsor and its authorized agents will collect, use, and disclose the personal information you provide when you enter the Sweepstakes, for the purposes of administering the Sweepstakes and prize fulfillment. You may be offered additional communications from Sponsor about its products, and upcoming sweepstakes and promotions. The Sweepstakes Website is hosted on servers in the United States, and the personal information you provide may therefore also be subject to the laws of the United States. Except where prohibited by Law, by accepting a prize, the winner grants Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries or affiliates the universal and perpetual right and license to use, exploit, print, publish, re-produce, display, distribute and broadcast and to grant others the right and license to use, exploit, print, publish, re-produce, display, distribute and broadcast the winners’ name, actual or simulated likeness, photograph, image, voice, portrait, picture, personal characteristics, biographical information and other personal identification in any and all languages, formats and media now known and hereafter developed in connection with Sponsor/Administrator(s) Facebook Page, Sponsor/Administrator(s) Website, the Sweepstakes and/or any Sweepstakes-related activity and any and all advertising, promotion, marketing, and/or publicity thereof including all ancillary and subsidiary rights therein, without additional consideration.
12. Official Rules: This Sweepstakes is subject to these Official Rules, which will be available online on the Facebook page and on Outdoorhub.com during the Sweepstakes Period. By entering the Sweepstakes, participants agree to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error in these Official Rules of the Sweepstakes, or the Sweepstakes itself and agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by all decisions of the Sponsor, whose decision is binding and final in all respects.
13. Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored in the United States by VANGUARD USA, Inc., 9157 E. M-36, Whitmore Lake, MI 48189 (“Sponsor”), whose decisions are final and binding as to all aspects of this sweepstakes.
14. Administrator: The Sweepstakes is administrated by Outdoor Hub, LLC, 30800 Telegraph Road, Suite 4805, Bingham Farms, MI 48025 (“Administrator”).
15. Winner List: For the name of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope on or before January 31, 2012 to: Outdoor Photography Sweepstakes, c/o Outdoor Hub, LLC, 30800 Telegraph Road, Suite 4805, Bingham Farms, MI 48025.