The Intrawest Passport First-Ever Ski Pass to Redefine “Family Pass” by Allowing 16 People to Purchase at a Time and Offers Free Skiing to Children 12 and Under
With summer wrapping up many skiers and snowboarders are prepping for their favorite season. Which means many are already on the lookout for the best ski pass deals. Intrawest Resort Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: SNOW), the parent company of several North American ski resorts, is unveiling the fall launch of the most affordable multi-mountain ski pass available this season, The Intrawest Passport.
Making ski-industry history, The Intrawest Passport will offer children 12 and under free skiing, as well as redefine what a “Family Pass” is all about, by allowing groups of up to 16 to purchase the Passport at the heavily discounted price. This is the first winter for The Intrawest Passport, a season pass that includes six days of skiing at each of six participating North American ski resorts.
“There is no other ski pass on the market that offers the flexibility and affordability of The Intrawest Passport. We developed this inter-mountain pass to make destination skiing easier and offer more value for families this winter. This pass is a first of its kind in the industry as it changes the rules and allows up to five children, 12 and younger, to ski for free with the purchase of just one Adult Passport,” explains Bill Jensen, CEO, Intrawest Resorts.
When one adult purchases the Passport it allows an additional 15 other people to join in on your ‘family pass.’ These can be traditional family members or people who are like family.
With no blackout dates the flexibility means families or Passport groups can use The Intrawest Passport to travel on holidays, single day ski trips or extended ski trips. The Intrawest Passport’s introductory fall price is being offered on a sliding scale:
- One primary adult Passport initially offered at $589
- Five additional adults can be added at $449 each
- Five passes for 13-20 year olds can be added at $249 each
- Five passes for children 12 and under are free
- Total of 16 Passports available under one “Family Pass”
The Intrawest Passport will allow guests to ski/ride for six days during the 2014-2015 ski season at each of Steamboat and Winter Park in Colorado; Blue Mountain in Ontario; Mont Tremblant in Quebec; Stratton Mountain in Vermont; and Snowshoe Mountain in West Virginia.
“Our goal with The Intrawest Passport is to continue to encourage the passion for the sport of skiing and snowboarding by making it affordable to those who want to come out this winter and check out our mountains,” Heidi Kercher-Pratt, Chief Marketing Officer, Intrawest Resorts, states. “By offering children 12 and under free skiing and boarding this pass makes it easier for single parents, tri-generational families, really anyone who wants to share the mountain experience with their kids.”
The biggest differentiators for The Intrawest Passport:
- Children 12 and under ski free
- Flexibility to define your “family” the way it works best for you. This can include extended family members, stepfamilies, non-traditional families and even good friends that are like family.
- After the first primary adult pass is purchased, families can purchase up to 15 additional Passports
- Extended age for “Teen” Passport: allows teens and young adults through age 20 to receive the discount.
The Intrawest Passport only requires one adult pass to be purchased, which means a single parent and up to five children can all ski at six resorts, for a total of 36 days each for as low as $589.
The Intrawest Passport is on sale now and is guaranteed at the fall introductory price now through October 20th. The Intrawest Passport will only be available for purchase through November 15th.
The Intrawest Passport is available for purchase at www.IntrawestPassport.com as well as on the participating resort’s websites:
- Steamboat, CO: Colorado’s Ski Town USA the home of champagne powder: http://www.steamboat.com
- Winter Park, CO: Colorado’s favorite family skiing destination: http://www.winterparkresort.com
- Blue Mountain Ski Area, Ontario: Ontario’s premiere skiing and boarding destination: http://www.bluemountain.ca/
- Mont Tremblant Ski Resort, Quebec: Where a taste of Europe is only a drive away: http://www.tremblant.ca
- Stratton Mountain Ski Resort, VT: Vermont’s favorite mountainside village: http://www.stratton.com
- Snowshoe Mountain Resort, WV: Mid-Atlantic’s #1 Skiing Destination: http://www.snowshoemtn.com
Public Relations Representative
Image courtesy Intrawest