Mercury Marine has further refined its partnership with Navico (parent company of Lowrance and Simrad) to provide an enhanced integration between their products, providing end users an all-in-one option for vessel monitoring and navigational information, increasing confidence on the water.
‘Glass Dash’ stands for a Mercury and Simrad connected system that delivers a truly integrated helm solution that provides total access and control,scalable to the customers vessel. This system creates the ability to display all vessel information (navigation, radar, sonar, engine data and diagnostics, system monitoring, digital switching etc.) on single or multiple networked displays. In many instances consumers desire all information to be available from one source with one user interface, a path already taken by the automotive industry. The Glass Dash system is designed to be intuitive allowing for end user to be able to operate all systems without referring back to an owner’s manual every time something needs to be accessed or changed.
When connected to a compatible Navico display, VesselView system monitoring and control is available on the Navico display. Navico features (such as chart plotter navigation, sonar, radar, etc) can be viewed and manipulated on the VesselView 7 (VesselView 4 does not have this capability).
Glass Dash Advantages
- Ease of installation
- Easily-selectable menu items leading to total access and control scalable to the vessel
- Remote connectivity (works well with NMEA 2000 compliant systems)
- Fully weatherproof
Advantages vs other Glass cockpit systems
- Large range of screens (up to 24”)
- Can be purchased as an accessory (no obligations to buy together with engine)
- Compatibility with a large range of Mercury engines (≥ 80HP O/B’s and Sterndrive/IB)
- Regular Software updates available for VesselView 4/7 and existing Simrad EVO2’s
Which products are needed to benefit from these integrated functionalities?
- Mercury VesselView 4 or VesselView 7
- Navico: Simrad NSS evo2, NSO evo2 or Simrad add-on Modules like radar, sonar, entertainment
- For Technical assistance, the local Simrad/Navico sales representative needs to be contacted
Image courtesy Mercury Marine